If you are already a Pac-West member, click here to view the Members Only - Member Benefits Page.
Pac-West dues can save you money! Non-members may attend Pac-West meetings and events, but the registration fees are higher. Within one year your dues investment will pay for itself. And, your membership entitles your company and each of your employees to many valuable benefits. Working together through Pac-West, the fastener industry can undertake projects beyond the capability of any single company.
Training and Education (Pac-West members receive discounts on all the following)
- Product Training Programs - For new employees to the industry, through the Fastener Training Institute.
- Certified Fastener Specialist Program - Advanced technical training program, through the Fastener Training Institute.
- Top Executive Education Programs - Conference educational programs geared toward owners, executives and senior management of fastener distribution and supply companies.
- Members Only Webinars - Programs on business solutions and industry issues. Many webinar programs are available after as podcasts.
- Regional Dinner Meetings - Opportunities to connect and learn with other members at regional dinner meetings. Many dinner meeting programs are available after as podcasts.
- Training Materials - Materials and literature, including our Basic Fastener Handbook.
- OEM Engineer Training - Customer training, also through the Fastener Training Institute. Taught by Bengt Blendulf, these classes are designed specifically for OEM engineers.
- Business Owners Forum and Business Executives Workshop - A facilitated discussion of topics of current interest to fastener business owners and executives. Always the highest rated programs at any Pac-West conference, this is an opportunity to share problems and solutions.
- Virtual membership roster - With directory listings for your key personnel and links to your own company web site.
- Industry Experts - Active participation in the association by fastener industry leaders. Click here to see who will be speaking at our next conference.
- Peer Interaction - A high ratio of distributors to suppliers in attendance at association meetings.
Business Products and Discounts
- Annual computer software guide - Complimentary guide focusing on software for distributors.
- Business liability insurance - Discounted rates through Sentry.
- Industry Benchmarking Program - Financial Analysis and Industry Benchmarking program, offered in partnership with the National Fastener Distributors Association.
- FastenerJobs.com - Discounts for job postings and resume searches.
- Surveys of business information and trends, including an annual year-end review of financial performance. Sample topics include: compensation for inside sales, outside sales, and warehouse; diversified product lines; value-added services; retirement plans.
- NAW Discounts - Discounts on National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors specialized publications for the distribution industry, as well as business services.
- YRC Freight Shipping - Discounted shipping through YRC.
- Brighton-Best Rewards Program
- Legislative Updates - On issues that affect fastener distribution.
- FIC Representation - Representation in the Fastener Industry Coalition, an organization comprised of regional and national fastener associations in the U.S.
- Business Representation in Washington, D.C. - Representation on small business concerns in Washington DC through the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors.
Supplier Member Benefits
Regular, timely and conducive access to 90 of the leading fastener distributors in the Pacific and Western U.S.
Supplier member are entitled to:
- Host tables for speed dating and one-on-ones, when held at Pac-West events and conferences
- Host table-top displays, when scheduled at association events
- Access to membership for promotional mailings
- Access to conference/event attendance lists for mailings and emailing
- Promotional and sponsorship opportunities that offer prominent positions at all events
- Opportunities to make (non-commercial) presentations to membership at conferences, events and dinner meetings
And, unlike some trade associations, there are no restrictions on supplier member service, leadership or directors positions.